Effective Date: January 4, 2021
- Contact information such as name, email address, address, phone number, and mobile number;
- When you post a comment, information you provide such as your user name, email address, geographic location, and the content of your comment.
- Your browser and mobile device type, operating system and name of your Internet service provider;
- Web pages you visit;
- How long you stay on a web page;
- Geo-location information;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as whether the messages were opened and the links clicked in those emails; and
- Standard server log information.
We also use log files. Log files track anonymous user information including, but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is tracked in order to analyze trends, administer our websites, track users’ movements in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The information tracked via log files is not linked to personally identifiable information except for IP addresses and source URL.
Cookies. Our websites use a “cookie” to assign a unique identifier to your computer. The cookies we use are persistent files that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may be used to help save information on past activities and other preferences, so that you are not required to reenter information each time that you visit our websites, and to deliver content specific to your interests.
You may stop or restrict cookies and pixel tags on your computer or purge cookies from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences.
Obtaining information from other sources. We may collect other PII from other sources, including when you use social media integrated with our services (for example, on our pages on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter) and when you were to purchase products and services from third party services.
3. Information Use. Information we collect is used for a variety of purposes. We may use this information internally or for other reasons. Any personal information that you supply to us remains your personal property. However, by submitting your information to us, you grant OPI and any third-party affiliates or subsidiaries of OPI the right to use that information for marketing purposes, and agree to receive email marketing from our website.
4. Information Disclosure. User Comments. If you submit comments, we may share your comments with other websites or provide links to your submissions from other websites and we may share your information with third parties.
Authorized Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who help us with specialized services, such as e-mail dissemination, mobile messaging, website hosting, monitoring of user reviews and ratings, digital publishing, and analytics. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services.
Business Transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of one or more of our businesses, a merger, the creation of a separate business to provide certain of our products and services, the sale or pledge of our assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, insolvency or receivership. Information about our customers, donors, and other users of our websites and other products and services may also be shared in connection with a transaction in which OPI or one of our affiliates, is seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information if required by law, such as to comply with a court order or subpoena.
Protect our Websites and Users. We may also disclose your information to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities or any violation of the User Agreement or to protect and defend the legal rights and safety of our websites and our employees, agents and contractors (including to enforce our agreements) or in connection with any safety or security concerns. Moreover, you hereby consent to the disclosure of any record or communication to any third party when OPI, in its sole discretion, determines the disclosure to be appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your email address with other third parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time-to-time.
5. Opting out. Opting out online: You can opt out or unsubscribe to a newsletter or other email list at any time by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters or emails you receive. Please allow five to ten business days for changes to take effect.
6. Information Protection. We believe we use reasonable precautions to keep the Personal Information you disclose to us secure. However, we cannot guarantee the avoidance of a breach and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties. You are ultimately responsible for the security of your email address.
9. Your California Privacy Rights. In accordance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we may collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use the Services. While we give our users many avenues to opt out of providing Personal Information, we do not respond to Web browsers’ “do not track” signals. California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, permits our users who are California residents to periodically request and obtain certain information about any Personal Information disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com
10. Privacy Protection for Children. The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and such children are not permitted to use the Services. If we discover we have received any “personal information” (as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. English Language. It is the express wish of the parties that this Agreement and all related documents, including notices and other communications, be drawn up in the English language only. Il est la volonté expresse des parties que cette convention et tous les documents s’y rattachant, y compris les avis et les autres communications, soient rédigés et signés en anglais seulement.”